The Italian has dismissed suggestions that the Chile ace could go to Old Trafford but left the door open for another player to make the jump
Bayern Munich head coach Carlo Ancelotti says there is absolutely no prospect of Arturo Vidal signing for Manchester United this summer.
United are in the market for a central midfield player, with Vidal one of the players they have been linked with in recent days.
However, Jose Mourinho’s side are fighting a losing battle over the Chile international star, his current boss has said.
Asked about the Old Trafford’s side reported interest in the 30-year-old and Renarto Sanches, he said: “For Vidal, there is no way. He’s our player and I have a lot of confidence in him.
“I know there are rumours and we’re used to rumours. He’ll stay with us 100 per cent – I’m confident about that.”
He was not, however, as clear cut on the young Portuguese player’s future.
“At this time, he’s training with us. We have to make a decision,” he said. “A move could be a possibility but there is also a chance he could stay with us for the season.”
Chelsea ‘persona non grata’ in China
Bayern have not enjoyed a strong start to their summer tour, suffering defeats against Arsenal, albeit on penalties, and AC Milan, with the Italian side beating them 4-0 at the weekend.
On Tuesday, they tackle Chelsea in Singapore and Ancelotti has tipped his former club to make a strong impression in the Champions League as they return after claiming their domestic crown.
“They will be competitive,” he said. “They’ve made good signings and the team is a better than last year.
“Can they win it? I don’t know. Antonio Conte changed the mentality of the team and the style of play.”