10 Things to know about Skin Bleaching
- Skin bleaching or skin whitening/lightening is
the act of using physical treatments or chemicals to lighten the skin color.
- It changes the skin color by reducing the
concentration of melanin (color pigment) present in the skin.
- According to W.H.O, Nigeria has the highest
percentage (about 77%) of women in the world using skin bleaching agents.
- Black people bleach to get fair while fair
people bleach to get whiter/fairer.
- Girls and Women in Nigeria of all ages, tribes,
religions and status engage in this act (including secondary school girls,
teens, old women, and mothers).
- Dermatologists actually prescribe skin bleaching
meds to their patients for skin disease.
- Often, skin bleaching agents have carcinogenic
properties increasing risk of cancer.
- Other effects include ochronosis, albinism,
dermatitis, thinning of the skin.
- It is better to use natural skin lightening
options than synthetic chemicals.
- Beware; Skin bleaching is not skin toning.REMEMBER, BEAUTY IS BEING COMFORTABLE AND
CONFIDENT IN YOUR OWN SKIN.BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL.Vytorrea.